Certificate II in Community Services
This qualification may be used as a pathway qualification into community services work and may apply specifically to:
- Workers who support individuals by providing a first point of contact in a crisis situation and referral to a broad range of services, or
- Workers in residential facilities and/or in community services under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organisation guidelines and service plans.
Workers at this level:
- May provide assistance and support to clients accessing a service or experiencing issues such as alcohol and/or other drug issues
- Assist people in meeting their immediate needs e.g. by providing shelter and food
- Provide short-term contact with clients in a crisis situation during which time they establish a helping relationship to define the crisis and provide referral information where appropriate
- May provide ancillary services such as catering, cleaning, laundry, gardening and home maintenance
- Report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
These positions may have direct contact with clients, identify presenting needs and refer to appropriate services and support.
This qualification may provide an appropriate pathway into higher level qualifications, such as those in aged care, disability and home and community care.