Certificate IV in Retail Management
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in frontline management skills of those working in a retail or business-to-business environment. It applies to those who are managing a small retail outlet, a section or department within a larger retail store, a small business-to-business outlet, or a section or department within a larger business or franchise.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles, such as:
- manage a small to medium sized retail store group or franchise outlet
- manage an independent retail store
- manage a business-to-business outlet
- departmental or section management in a retail or business-to-business enterprise
- functional management roles, such as merchandise management
- manage an inside or outside sales team in a business-to-business company.
Possible job titles
- department manager
- merchandise manager
- customer service manager
- shift manager
- small business retail owner
(Sourced from Training.gov.au/training/details/SIR40212)